Monday, February 6, 2012

How Not to Buy Manga


My spending habit's gotten me into a bit of a problem again... I have an issue of routine, leading to me not being able to drop a series once I've starting buying it no matter what. Also, I like to pre-order things WAY in advance, so my latest amazon order was gigantic.
Bakuman vol 9
Bakuman vol 10
Bakuman vol 11
Bakuman vol 12
Bakuman vol 13
Bakuman vol 14
Nura: Rise of the Yokai Clan vol 9
Nura: Rise of the Yokai Clan vol 10
Nura: Rise of the Yokai Clan vol 11
Kobato vol 6
Sailor Moon vol 3
Sailor Moon vol 4
Sailor Moon vol 5
Cardcaptor Sakura Omnibus 3
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya vol 11
The Intrigues of Haruhi Suzumiya
=$153.12
Goddamn, Mitsu!
I still haven't even finished reading my manga from months and months ago.
I'm really stupid.
NEVER buy manga in bulk like this. My only savior is that since it's pre-order the payments only go through after it comes out. But when you order manga in bulk, just as anything else, you never, ever, get around to actually reading them all.

Currently Reading
Hetalia vol 2
Snow Crash by Neal Stephenson
Childhood's End by Arthur C. Clarke
Cardcaptor Sakura Omnibus vol 2
Black Boy by Richard Wright
Flatterland by Ian Stewart
Book Girl and the Suicidal Mime by Mizuki Nomura
Hunger Games (again, review for the movie)

No comments:

Post a Comment